Bitcoin has grown exponentially with interest in investing in it. Many people around the world want to buy bitcoin, but don’t know exactly how to do it. Most of them have no previous experience with bitcoin, so they don’t even know where to start.
The United Kingdom is one of the most bitcoin-familiar countries. According to PRNewswire, 5.3% of UK citizens own bitcoin, while 6.8% plan to buy some.
If you live in the UK and you are interested too, but you are not sure where to start, here are the 5 best websites to buy bitcoin in the UK.
Coinbase is one of the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges in the world since it has the largest customer base. There are two methods you could use to buy bitcoin using coinbase in the UK:
- Credit/debit cards – Visa/MasterCard supported
- Fiat deposits – Supported EUR and GBP
To buy bitcoin using fiat deposits, you need to deposit fiat currency through one of the wired transfer methods in the UK to coinbase account.
And to buy bitcoin using your credit card, all you have to do is go to the Coinbase website and follow the steps.
Furthermore, coinbase charges a standard fee of 3.99% on all credit/debit card purchases.
Kraken was found in 2011 and it is one of the biggest cryptocurrency exchanges. It is the largest in Europe based on daily average trading volume. It is available almost anywhere. You can deposit through a bank wire or ACH, SEPA, and SWIFT. Some of the best Kraken attributes are:
- Very low 0.25% taker fee, dropping to 0.1% with enough trading volume
- Very low maker fee, dropping to 0% with enough trading volume
- Highly-rated for data protection and security.
Wirex is one of the cheapest ways to buy bitcoin in the UK because of its excellent rates – just 1% above the actual exchange rate. You can buy bitcoin with credit cards, debit cards, and UK bank transfers. Wirex started off as e-coins that used to provide bitcoin debit cards. Using Wirex is easy. You just have to go to their website, create an account, and add some funds to it to get your bitcoins. Here are the detailed procedures:
- Log in to your Wirex account and hit the ‘Exchange Currencies’ button.
- Choose ‘BTC’ or ‘Card’ as your source.
- Choose the currency you wish to sell on the exchange and set a target amount.
- Enter the amount you wish to spend from your card or BTC wallet and hit ‘Exchange’ and ‘Confirm Exchange’
Wirex has physical cards available for the UK.
Bitcoin Loophole UK is a trading software that is designed to trade cryptocurrencies by using trading algorithms. Simply said, it is a trading bot that will trade automatically on your behalf.
There are 3 easy steps to start trading with Bitcoin Loophole. Once you go at their website you have to
- Register in the registration form filling the personal details
- Deposit – You can use Bitcoin Loophole for free but to invest with the brokers, the minimum amount required by the brokers to trade with Bitcoin Loophole is £/$ 250.
- Start trading – Once you set everything up the software will do its job.
CEX.io operates since 2013 and it is a UK based service. Using CEX.io you can buy bitcoin and four other cryptocurrencies that this website supports. You can do this by using a credit/debit card. Moreover, you can use fiat currencies like USD, EUR, GBP, and RUB. Here are the procedures to buy bitcoin with CEX:
- Choose the appropriate package or enter the custom amount of Bitcoins you want to receive;
- Register on the platform;
- Add any kind of card to your account, we accept both Visa and MasterCard, and it takes up to 5 minutes;
- Buy Bitcoins with the verified card.
CEX has a great mobile app that is very user-friendly and allows one to trade bitcoin on the go.